Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Okayama

Korakuen Garden
teehee!
yum!!
uhhh...???KurashikiTotoro store!!!So many to choose from! :)

Today we went to the Korakuen Garden in Okayama. It is suppose to be one of the three most beautiful gardens in Japan. It was nice, but not the most beautiful one I've seen so far. I did some watercolors there...it was nice to have the time to sit and do that, and not feel rushed like we always are. Afterward, us girls stumbled upon this great little cafe. We ended up spending about 2 hours there just chatting and eating great food. Then we took the train to Kurashiki, a town with a cute historic district. I was seperated momentarily from my group and found a...TOTORO store!!!!! The movie "My Neighboor Totoro" is one of my all-time favorites and was one of the reasons I've been so curious about Japanese culture. I dropped a good chunk of change in that store, but now I can go back to the states feeling complete :)

No comments:

Post a Comment